Friday, July 27, 2012
TRAINING: Research and Writing Workshop in Dhaka, Bangladesh
The Economic Research Group (ERG) and the South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE) are jointly organizing a Research and Writing Workshop in environmental and natural resource economics onOctober 6th - 9th in Dhaka. The aim of this workshop is to build research capacity in the area of environment and resource economics. Bangladeshi researchers interested in the field of environmental and natural resource economics and wishing to improve proposal writing techniques should apply for this workshop. The faculty for the workshop will include International and local experts who also familiarize participants with research trends in South Asia.
The workshop will provide practical training and guidance to participants and help them to improve their concept notes and research proposals. A total of 12-14 participants will be selected to ensure individual attention to each researcher. Participants will initially present their research concepts to peers and receive comments. Reading some new research papers and informal consultation with the experts for revisions will follow this. The candidates will have to present a modified version of the research concept again, which might help them to shape a complete proposal for submitting to SANDEE.
- At least a Master's Degree (completed, not ongoing) in Economics with two years of work experience is essential.
- Interest in research and teaching related to environmental and natural resource economics.
- Mid Career and young applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Quantitative skills and previous research experience would be helpful.
- Only Bangladeshi Researchers are eligible to apply for this workshop.
Your application must include:
- A short CV (no more than two pages) and a cover letter indicating the reasons for your interest in this workshop (no more than one page).
- A three page concept note (as per the attached guidelines)
- Key research topics for the concept note: Climate change, Environmental degradation, Pollution Management, Forestry and fisheries resources and protected area management, Economics of Ecosystems, Economic incentives and policy instruments
- E-mail your application to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th August , 2012
The quality of the concept note will be the main criteria of candidate selection for the workshop.
Venue & Duration:
The workshop will be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The workshop will be fully residential and organizers will provide accommodation and meals for the duration of the workshop, necessary course materials and reasonable travel claims on the basis of actual expenses.
Deadline: August 30, 2012