Tuesday, August 07, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: SEI Senior Policy Researcher – Climate Change Mitigation Policy in Forestry, Land Use and Agriculture
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) seeks a senior-level researcher to build upon and expand SEI’s climate change mitigation research in the forestry, land use and agriculture sectors. The position will be based in the SEI U.S. Centre office in Seattle, which focuses on climate change policy with a particular interest in the role of energy, land use, and consumption in mitigating global GHG emissions.
The Senior Policy Researcher will lead research activities that assess and advance the contribution of forestry, agriculture, and other land use to climate change mitigation. Areas of focus will depend in part on the successful applicant’s particular strengths, but are likely to include several of the following topics: terrestrial carbon cycling, bioenergy and biocarbon potentials, life-cycle assessment, emissions accounting frameworks, AFOLU policies, REDD+, and carbon markets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop and implement innovative research projects addressing policies and actions to enhance biological carbon sequestration and reduce GHG emissions from agriculture, forestry, and other land use management.
- Maintain and build relationships with existing funders and partners; find and secure new funding opportunities.
- Manage, mentor, and collaborate with staff researchers, provide regular guidance and feedback to colleagues, and monitor the quality of the research process.
- Explore joint research opportunities and collaborate with colleagues at other SEI centres.
- Review and manage project outputs from the research team, including publications and other materials, to ensure they meet the project objectives and SEI quality standards.
- Present externally and raise the profile of SEI research.
Links to this post: