Wednesday, August 15, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: Statistician, International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC)
The International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC) welcomes applications for the position of statistician for its Secretariat. The mission of the ICAC is to assist governments in fostering a healthy world cotton economy, and the statistician contributes to the achievement of that mission by providing transparency to the world cotton market.
The statistician develops estimates of world cotton supply and use; keeps abreast of developments in the cotton industry and related sectors; prepares frequent reports and presentations analyzing cotton market trends; and answers requests from member countries and the general public.
This position is based in Washington, DC, but involves domestic and international travel. The working language of the Secretariat is English. A competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with knowledge, training, and experience. Benefits include retirement contributions, and health, life and disability insurance. Moving expenses are partially covered.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the main database of the ICAC via research, collection and cleaning of data on production, consumption, trade and stocks of raw cotton by country.
- Maintaining numerous datasets on cotton supply and use, and prices, by country and for the world.
- Analysis, compilation, presentation and dissemination of statistical data.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, bi-monthly and annual reports on world cotton supply and use.
- Written and oral presentations to the Standing Committee in Washington, to each Plenary Meeting and to world cotton industry organizations as requested.
Deadline: September 30, 2012