Wednesday, August 15, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: Surveys Portfolio – Principal/Senior Consultant
Oxford Policy Management is a leading specialist consultancy in the field of international development, with a thriving practice in the fields of economic development, social policy, public administration and public expenditure management in many parts of the developing world. A significant part of OPM’s work involves conducting household surveys in the developing world, for country governments and for other clients, particularly international development partners. OPM has a strong reputation the design, implementation and analysis of household surveys and other quantitative studies such as service delivery surveys, business surveys and quantitative evaluations.
The Surveys Portfolio is responsible for supporting and undertaking household and other sample surveys. It provides support to the design, implementation and analysis of surveys, both to clients and to colleagues within OPM. The current team consists of two staff members, and draws on regularly on a number of associate external consultants.
OPM is looking to recruit an experienced survey specialist to lead the development of our survey work. This will include advising developing countries on their survey programmes, supporting the design and implementation of surveys by colleagues within OPM, and strengthening OPM’s intellectual capital and reputation in this area.
The role will include:
- Managing and undertaking surveys of various kinds, particularly household surveys using probability samples.
- Supporting the design and implementation of surveys conducted by colleagues or by clients in the developing world.
- Working with staff from other teams to support winning and implementing projects with a survey component.
- Promoting and supporting quality control procedures and good practice guides for OPM staff and external clients.
- Leading staff in sampling procedures and other survey techniques.
- Building capacity in survey analysis software and other tools among clients and colleagues.
- Developing and managing protocols for OPM’s proposed survey data archive.
Deadline: September 17, 2012
Links to this post: