Tuesday, August 07, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: UNEP Program Officer
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the United Nations systems designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action. The overall objective of the UNEP's Division of Technology, Industry and Economics (DTIE) is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities. This post is located in UNEP/DTIE at the Paris duty station. Under the supervision of the Chief, Energy Branch, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Supporting the preparation of the Renewable Energy Network for the 21st Century (REN21 reports and issue papers: a) Identify contacts and collaboration partners in different parts of the world; b) Carry out research activities on renewable energy related issues and related political and socio-economic topics; c) Managing of review processes for publications; d) Liaising between the publication authors and REN21 members to ensure that the knowledge available within the REN21 network is accurately reflected; e) Drafting of issue papers on renewable energy related subjects; f) Proofreading of reports and issue papers.
- Increasing the visibility of REN21: a) Prepare articles on REN21 products and renewable energy for international publications and different on-line media as well as the REN21 website; b) Prepare presentations on REN21 products and different renewable energy related topics.
- Support the Executive Secretary of REN21: a) Prepare for meetings of the REN21 Bureau and Steering Committee; b) Represent REN21 at international meetings.
- Coordinate input from UNEP to REN21 and vice versa and in supporting activities that allow UNEP clean energy programme and REN21 to be mutually supportive to the benefit of both and their respective missions.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Deadline: September 1, 2012
Links to this post: