Wednesday, August 15, 2012
EVENT: The 2nd Global Conference on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change “Hunger for Action” (Hanoi, Vietnam)
The 2nd Global Conference on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change will be held from 3 to 7 September2012 in Hanoi, Viet Nam and will include a high level session on 6 September. Co-organized by Viet Nam and the Netherlands, in close collaboration with other partners, including FAO and the World Bank, the conference will allow global leaders, practitioners, scientists, civil society and the private sector to share experiences and demonstrate how early action on Climate-Smart Agriculture can act as a driver of green growth.
Key Objectives of the Conference are:
- Determine effective strategies and practices to scale-up the implementation of Climate-smart Agriculture1(CSA) as a driver of sustainable development and green growth and share information, experiences and good practices to this end among public, private and civil society stakeholders;
- Mainstream CSA within broader development goals;
- Address drivers and constraints of CSA development, with a particular focus on priorities for improving the enabling environment and for increasing private investment in agriculture and rural development at all levels and scales through the value chain;
- Promote a landscape approach, including enhancing linkages between agriculture and forestry;
- Take stock of implementation of CSA since November 2010.
Deadline for registration: August 20, 2012
Links to this post: