Tuesday, September 04, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: ICRAF/CCAFS Social Scientist—Linking Knowledge with Action
Social Scientist, Linking Knowledge with Action – CCAFS, will be based at ICRAF in Nairobi, and supervised by CCAFS Theme 4.1 Research Leader. The position will involve travel to CCAFS sites/regions (likely less than 25-30% of total time). Within the CCAFS Program Structure, this position is given the title ‘Science Officer’.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scientific input and conduct research for CCAFS’s Theme 4.1 Research Theme – Linking Knowledge with Action, in terms of planning, implementing and monitoring the research agenda;
- Assist the CCAFS Theme 4.1 Leader in:
- Supporting CCAFS and partners leverage funding, develop research proposals and activities;
- Supporting CCAFS research activities;
- Developing new partnerships and contracts and helping partners develop proposals;
- Recruiting and managing consultancies and partnerships;
- Assisting partners in developing communication products and publishing in various media, including writing and editing working papers, research reports, briefs, blogs and journal articles;
- Assisting in organizing international workshops and training events.
Deadline: September 28, 2012