Thursday, October 25, 2012
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: ESRC-DFID ESRC-DFID Joint Fund for Poverty Alleviation Research
The ESRC-DfID joint scheme funds research on a broad range of topics to enhance the quality and impact of social science, and contribute to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals. DfID and ESRC have announced phase 3 of the joint scheme with two new funding opportunities.
- Joint Fund for Poverty Alleviation Research. Research under this call should address one or more of three overarching questions:
- What approaches are most effective in enabling the poorest to exit and stay out of poverty, and under what conditions can such approaches be replicated elsewhere and at scale?
- What political and institutional conditions are associated with effective poverty reduction and development, and what can domestic and external actors do to promote these conditions?
- What measures can be taken to reduce the risks and impact of violence and instability on the poorest and increase the effectiveness of peacebuilding, statebuilding and wider development interventions in fragile and conflict-affected situations? [more information]
- Development Frontiers Research Fund. Development Frontiers research can be broadly defined as involving pioneering theoretical and methodological innovation, and/or research based on the engagement of a range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives including new links across disciplines that do not usually work together and across non-traditional partnerships. The expectation is that this research will provide a major stimulus to new and novel streams of enquiry or practice. [More information]
Deadline: November 29, 2012