Thursday, October 25, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: 10 Research Positions, FEEM Research Programme on Climate Change and Sustainable Development
FEEM, a leading research institute on sustainable development (www.feem.it) aims to recruiting motivated and talented researchers to cover ten open positions within the Climate Change and Sustainable Development Research Programme.
The Programme carries out high level research in the following areas: climate change integrated assessment modelling, climate change policy and governance, climate-related innovation and technological change, natural hazards and extreme climate-related events, management of natural resources, sustainability and growth beyond GDP.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. (or be close to completion) in economics or energy engineering, mathematics, and physics, coupled with a solid economic background. Four-year (full time equivalent) research experience may substitute the Ph.D. degree. Experience in conducting applied and/or econometric research using both analytical and numerical methods in one or more of the following areas is requested:
- Integrated assessment modeling and quantitative assessment of climate impacts and policies;
- Computable general equilibrium modeling;
- Global modeling of land use and forestry;
- Adaptive capacity to risk posed by extreme climatic and meteorological events;
- Biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Marine strategy;
- Sustainability assessment and applied research in environmental economics;
- Political economy and the environment.
Links to this post: