Tuesday, October 16, 2012
FELLOWSHIP: Prof. Elinor Ostrom International Fellowship on Practice and Policy on Commons
The Foundation for Ecological Security in association with the International Association for the Study on the Commons (IASC) invites applications for international fellowships on Practice and Policy on Commons. The fellowship is being announced as a tribute to Prof. Dr. Elinor Ostrom, who passed away earlier this year, after decades of invaluable contribution to the analysis of economic governance, especially the commons. Elinor Ostrom’s work has been a major inspiration for all researchers engaged with work on institutions for collective action around a wide range of subjects related to resource management and self-organized governance systems. She strongly believed in creating links between local practice, academic research and policymaking, which she considered critical to shape a better world.
The fellowships are aimed at promoting sound policies for the governance and management of Commons. Exemplary work that intertwines or explores the linkages between research, practice and policy at local, national or regional levels would be of special interest. Collaborative efforts between practitioners, researchers (and policy makers) aimed at informing Policy would also be of interest.
The fellowship may address broad themes such as:
- Governing Commons with a tilt towards the poor
- Emerging Institutional Forms to promote Holocratic planning and Polycentric governance
- Commons as platforms to promote interdisciplinarity – between social and ecological systems; between land, water and forests; biophysical resources and knowledge systems
- Reform in legal spaces and administrative apparatus to promote Commons as a Governance paradigm
- Valuing Commons – advances in identifying, quantifying and highlighting ‘value’ as against ‘exchange price’.
Deadline: October 31, 2012
Links to this post: