Monday, October 15, 2012
TRAINING: PLAAS Postgraduate Diploma in Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies
The Institute for Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies (PLAAS) is a leading research institute within the School of Government, in the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences. The key focus areas are poverty, inequality and vulnerability; land, water and resource rights; farming, agro-food systems and agrarian reform; and social dimensions of fisheries and ecosystem management.
Those who seek to progress in their careers and improve their knowledge and skills in the following sectors, are invited to apply for this postgraduate programme, which is aimed at professionals working in government, NGOs or the private sector in poverty, land and agrarian reform, rural development, natural resources and gender issues.
- Teaching and learning will take place at PLAAS, UWC over two teaching blocks consisting of three weeks each (in March and July).
- Attendance of these teaching blocks is compulsory.
- All modules are compulsory.
- Each module comprises of a pre-contact assignment, structured teaching and a post-contact assignment (long essay).
- Academic writing workshops will be presented during block weeks to assist students with the academic writing process.
Deadline: October 31, 2012