Thursday, November 08, 2012
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Sessions for the 2014 Global Land Project Open Science Meeting
The 2014 Global Land Project Open Science Meeting will synthesize and discuss the role of the land system as a platform for human-environment interactions, connecting local land use decisions to global impacts and responses. The meeting, on the theme of “Land transformations: Between global challenges and local realities,” is scheduled for March 19-21, 2014, in Berlin.
The Land Science Community is invited to contribute by proposing sessions related to the conference themes:
- Rethinking land change transitions: drastic changes in land cover and subtle changes in land management
- Local land users in a tele-connected world: the role of human decision making on land use as both a driver and response to global environmental change
- Impacts and responses: land systems changes to mitigate global environmental change impacts and adapt to increasing demands for food, fuel and ecosystem services
- Land governance: the ways in which alternative approaches to governance of land resources can enhance the sustainability transition
Sessions can be submitted under the following formats:
- Research Presentation Session: 5 oral presentations on related topics
- Round-table Discussion: 3-5 speed talks followed by discussion
- World Cafe Workshop: discussion format around 2-3 open statements or questions
- Short Training Session: short training course on a specific topic
- Open Format: new innovative session formats are welcome
The open call for abstracts will be advertised from April 30th, 2013.
Deadline: January 5th, 2013