Friday, November 09, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: CIMMYT Adoption and Impact Assessment Economists
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) seeks two dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and results-oriented applied economists to work on adoption and impact assessment of maize and wheat related innovations in the developing regions.
As a member of the CIMMYT Socioeconomics Program and in collaboration with public, private, local and international partners, the successful candidates will undertake strategic adoption and impact studies across target regions.
The position will be based at one of the CIMMYT locations in Asia (India, Nepal or Bangladesh) or Africa (Ethiopia or Kenya), but will interact with all CIMMYT´s experimental stations and regional office (country and world-wide) on a regular basis.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the position will include:
- Generating knowledge about the drivers of adoption, and databases on the patterns of diffusion of technological and institutional innovations, most relevant to CIMMYT’s mission and research agenda.
- Developing approaches to effectively assess the social, economic and environmental impacts of adoption of technological and institutional innovations and building capacity of partners through training and research.
- Working with other scientists and evaluating the multidimensional impacts of priority interventions, including their distributional effects especially on the livelihoods of resource poor farmers, consumers and women.
- Developing strategies, policy options and recommendations to set research priorities, guide policy decisions, and stimulate widespread adoption of new varieties and practices.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Deadline: November 23, 2012