Wednesday, November 14, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: World Resources Institute Senior Manager, Global Forest Watch 2.0
World Resources Institute (WRI) seeks a senior manager to lead a team of professionals and partners around the world as they embark upon the implementation of Global Forest Watch 2.0 (GFW 2.0). The initiative aims to revolutionize access to information about forests everywhere for everyone and will be one of two major initiatives for WRI on forests over the next five or more years with a budget growing to be in excess of $5m per year.
GFW 2.0, powered by Google Earth Engine, will bring to target users a seamless experience of the best technology offered by WRI, Google, ESRI, and other partners. The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing the GFW 2.0 team of WRI staff, contractors, and dozens of partners internationally working with the Director or WRI’s Forests Initiative to achieve transformative impact. The initiative brings together work at the cutting edge of technology, governance reform and mobilization through partnerships in dozens of countries to achieve change.
Manage the three focus areas of the GFW 2.0 initiative―applying new technology, promoting transparency and governance reform, and mobilizing networks of partners to achieve change in the way forests and land are managed.
- Build collaborative partnerships in temperate, tropical and boreal regions, including intensive work in the Congo Basin, Amazon countries, Indonesia, Russia, and Canada.
- Help to represent the initiative around the world.
- Provide input on fundraising and assisting with proposal preparation, and assist with reporting to donors.
- Implement subscription-based revenue generation for corporate users of the system.
- Help ensure the initiative meets user needs and surpasses their expectations.