Tuesday, December 04, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: ICRAF Senior Scientist, Decision Analyst
The Senior Scientist will lead the Decision Analysis Activity within the Information Systems Strategic Research Portfolio of the CGIAR Programme on Water, Land & Ecosystems (WLE), in close partnership with other WLE research portfolios.
The job specifically includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- In partnership with WLE scientists and stakeholders, develop probabilistic decision analytic models (such as risk-return and cost-benefit models) for identifying high value information needs for key development decisions at multiple scales in the area of Water, Land and Ecosystems
- Directly assist in a project to implement a probabilistic analysis method already identified by WLE
- Work with the WLE Programme Director to provide decision analysis at the programme level, identifying outputs at regional or global scale that support the business plan of WLE
- Build the capacity of CGIAR scientists and stakeholders in probabilistic decision analysis methods and assist implementation programmes to use the models to help prioritize plans and cost-effective design monitoring and impact assessment systems
- Develop collaborative links with centres of excellence in decision sciences
- Publish results in journal articles
- Develop funding proposals to support the Decision Analysis Strategic Research Portfolio.
Deadline: December 31, 2012
Links to this post: