Thursday, December 13, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: Rainforest Alliance Projects Manager - TREES Program, Sustainable Forestry Division (Oaxaca, Mexico)
The Rainforest Alliance’s TREES (Training, Extension, Enterprises and Sourcing) program promotes sustainable livelihoods and protects biodiversity in forest-dependent communities. We work to enhance the competitiveness of community and indigenous forestry enterprises by building business skills, increasing efficiencies and facilitating investment in value-added processing, expanding income opportunities from wood and non-wood forest products and environmental services and increasing access to local and global markets through Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification.
The Coordinator, South Region, will coordinate TREES Program work in the Mexican states of Oaxaca and Guerrero. S/he will serve as Rainforest Alliance’s principle point of contact in the south region among relevant stakeholders including communities, government institutions, private sector partners, civil society organizations and consultants, ensuring successful implementation of regional work plans and the achievement of agreed goals. S/he will work closely with counterparts in the other three regions of Mexico.
- Coordinate all technical field activities in the south region states of Oaxaca and Guerrero, maintaining partnerships with all stakeholders and serving as the main point of contact in the region;
- Assist in the elaboration of operational work plans to be agreed under GEF and IDB-supported projects in coordination with project counterparts;
- Oversee the implementation of activities agreed in annual operational plans together with GEF project counterparts;
- Assist in the elaboration of Terms of Reference for technical consultancies to be undertaken in the region of concern, identification of candidates and oversight of consultant inputs;
- Provide technical material for regular reporting by TREES to counterparts and donor agencies;
- Assist in the planning and delivery of workshops, trainings and conferences associated with project activities in the region of concern;
- Oversee diagnostic evaluations of community forest enterprises (CFEs) in the region of concern, identifying priorities and strategies for field activities in the context of agreed upon project goals;
- Coordinate technical activities in key TREES thematic areas including: CFE development, production efficiency and enterprise competitiveness; improvement of CFE administration and business management; promotion of market linkages for certified CFEs; creation of national markets for certified wood; and improving biodiversity management in community production forests;
- Contribute to leverage funding from public programs in support of assisted CFEs in the south region;
- Assist in developing new and innovative technical, institutional and policy approaches related to the TREES program and projects in carrying out Rainforest Alliance’s mission;
- Assist in identifying new funding opportunities and support proposal development in coordination with the Regional Manager; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
Deadline: December 23, 2012