Monday, January 14, 2013
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: Water, Environment and Agriculture: Challenges for Sustainable Development
The 1st Inter-regional Conference on Land and Water Challenges, entitled “Water, environment and agriculture: challenges for sustainable development,” will be held in Bari (Italy), from 10 to 14 September 2013. The main objective is to present and discuss the latest achievements in the field of sustainable use of natural resources (land and water) at different scales and to promote a better development of agriculture in the future.
Conference Themes (preliminary):
- Water use performance and water productivity
- Conservation agriculture and water saving
- Sustainability of groundwater exploitation for agriculture
- Decision support systems and modelling tools
- Innovative data-acquisition and information and communication technologies
- Irrigation technologies and management practices for environmental upgrading
- Use of treated and low quality water in agriculture
- Climate change: adaptation and mitigation
- Drought risk management
- Socio-economic aspects of land and water management
- Policies, governance and institutional development.
Deadline: March 31, 2013