Thursday, January 03, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: CIAT Market Access Specialist for Eastern and Southern Africa
CIAT is a participating center in the new CGIAR consortium research program on Policies, Institutions and Markets (PIM). PIM has three central themes: (a) Theme 1 - Effective policies and strategic investments; (b) Theme 2 - Inclusive governance and institutions; and, (c) Theme 3- Linking small producers to markets. The successful applicant to this position will work principally on Theme 3 with a clear focus on improving the performance of value chains and business models for smallholder producers through research for development partnerships.
Role and responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of CIAT PIM activities in the region specifically research on new business models that are inclusive of smallholders and on multi stakeholder research for development platforms in diverse crops, markets and geographies.
- Test, adapt and improve methods to facilitate multi stakeholder research for development platforms in collaboration with a range of private, NGO and public partners and document outcomes in a consistent and rigorous fashion.
- Test, adapt and improve methods to develop new business models that are inclusive of smallholders in collaboration with a range of partners and document outcomes in a consistent and rigorous fashion.
- Identify and develop funding opportunities to construct a regional research for development team on market access issues in collaboration with CGIAR and non-CGIAR partners.
- Coordinate research activities with CIAT and PIM colleagues in the region to identify and leverage synergies for improved outcomes in market access work.
- Ensure close link and synchronization with CIAT’s PIM Focal Point to facilitate cross regional learning between Africa, Latin America and South East Asia.
- Foster and document outcomes and impact from research.
Deadline: January 15, 2013
Links to this post: