Friday, January 11, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: Consultancy to Support the International Land Coalition’s Asia Regional Platform
Members of the International Land Coalition (ILC) in Africa, Latin America and Asia are organized into regional platforms. Each regional platform meets once a year to approve ILC’s priority actions for the region, which are subsequently integrated in ILC’s global workplan. For each regional platform, a light regional coordination unit hosted by a member and headed by a Regional Coordinator supports the implementation of the regional component of the ILC work plan, under the oversight of a regional Steering Committee.
Since 1st of January 2013, the ILC Asia platform has entered a transition period, as a result of the ending of the hosting by ANGOC (an ILC member) of the regional coordination unit; and of the vacancy of the ILC Asia coordinator position. The process of identifying a new host organization is underway. The recruitment of a new coordinator is expected to be completed by end April.
The ILC Secretariat is hiring consultant for a four-five month period to: (a) act as interim coordinator for about five months; (b) support the Asia regional Steering Committee in the recruitment of a new coordinator; and, (c) support the Asia Steering Committee in the selection of a new host organization for the regional coordination unit.
Responsibilities and tasks
The key areas of responsibilities and specific tasks to be performed by the consultant are the following:
- As interim coordinator:
- Prepare a roadmap for delivering the Asia component of the ILC 2013 Workplan, taking into account the outcomes of the 2012 Asia Regional Platform
- Coordinate the implementation of the roadmap under the oversight of and in close consultation with the Asia Steering Committee
- Support ILC members in Asia focus countries in the formulation and implementation of their National Engagement Strategies (NES) according to the Asia component of the ILC 2013 Workplan
- Support the establishment of the ILC trust fund for interventions in non-focus countries and help raise awareness of ILC Asia members on ways of accessing the trust fund; and provide needed technical assistance for the development of quality proposals meeting the requirements of the trust fund;
- Support ILC Asia’s dialogue, advocacy and land monitoring activities at national and regional levels;
- Under the guidance of the ILC Asia regional Steering Committee, help prepare meetings of Asia Steering Committee, electronic or face-to-face meetings, as deemed necessary
- Support the preparation of ILC Asia members’ participation in the ILC’s 2013 Global Land Forum and Assembly of Members
- Collaborate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of ILC’s work programme , and support the implementation of the Asia component of this work programme;
- Maintain and strengthen the existing systems of communication between the ILC Secretariat, members in Asia, and other partners of ILC to foster information sharing, lesson learning, dialogue and cooperation;
- Submit quarterly updates to the SC (synthesizing findings/results of projects of projects; extracting lessons learned; key contacts to promote linkages between and among members);
- Supervise the implementation of on-going ILC grants, and review progress and completion reports,
- Prepare and present project report/s and institutional documents (e.g., e-newsletters, annual report, etc);
- Facilitate membership involvement in national, global and international processes
- Support members’ resources mobilization efforts at national and regional levels
- Support the Asia Steering Committee in the recruitment of the new regional coordinator, which involves:
- Supporting the finalisation of the ToR
- Wide dissemination of the vacancy announcement
- Screening of the applications, as may be requested by the Asia Steering Committee
- Follow up to the decisions of the recruitment panel and the Steering Committee
- Support the Asia Steering Committee in the selection of a new host organisation, which may involve:
- Review of applications received
- Interactions with applicants during the screening process
- Contacts with new possible host organisations if deemed necessary
- Follow up to decisions by Steering Committee
- Complete any other tasks, as may be requested by the ILC Director and/or the Asia Steering Committee
The Consultant is part of the ILC Secretariat team. He/she reports to the Director of the ILC Secretariat, and to whoever is designated by the Director to act as direct supervisor on specific assignments.
The consultant position is in principle based at ILC Secretariat in Rome, Italy. If needed, and especially where justified for an effective and efficient delivery of the work, an ILC member in Asia could be asked to host the position for part or the whole assignment period.
The Consultancy will be for the period of 1 February to 30 June 2013. The remuneration level is determined after review of the consultant’s skills and professional experience.
Expected skills and competencies
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should send their Letter of Intent and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to ILC Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org ; or email@example.com )
ILC offers equal opportunity for both women and men.
Deadline: January 23, 2013
Links to this post: