Thursday, January 24, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: World Agroforestry Center Economist/Adaptation Specialist
The main purpose of the position will be to: a) learn from existing community and farmer practices to identify and map vulnerabilities and adaptation strategies to climate variability and change; b) quantify the effects of agroforestry and other improved management practices on climate risk at the household and landscape level; c) develop robust adaptation strategies and climate smart practices, with special focus on agroforestry systems and derive possible transition pathways; d) identify the limits of adaptation to weather extremes in agroforestry systems and devise opportunities for complementary safeguard systems.
- Assess vulnerabilities of smallholder farmers to current and future climate risks by learning from community and farmer practices
- Develop robust adaptation strategies and climate smart practices with special focus on agroforestry systems and derive possible transition pathways
- Identify limits of adaptation to different climate shocks and devise opportunities for complementary safeguard systems
- Develop multi-institutional project designs and contribute to fundraising and knowledge dissemination
- Develop and disseminate methods for analysing vulnerability and adaptation strategies to climate change within ICRAF and partner organizations
- Prepare reports, guidelines and scientific papers.
Deadline: February 15, 2013
Links to this post: