Thursday, January 31, 2013
FELLOWSHIP: International Scoping Study of the Role of Agrobiodiversity as an Instrument for Climate Change Adaptation
The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3), offers a one year full time research fellowship (with the possibility of extension) with the level of financial support according to the academic and professional profile of the applicant.
The researcher would be physically located in Bilbao at BC3. In collaboration with Bioversity International the researcher would:
- Plan and implement research with other team members, including:
- Leading a state of the art review/synthesis of evidence (desk review of scientific and grey literature, institutional reports, etc.) regarding agrobiodiversity as an instrument for climate change adaptation vis-à-vis other options.
- Developing and maintaining a hub of community of practice made up of experts in fields associated with agrobiodiversity and climate change adaptation.
- Organising and supporting the coordination of an expert scoping study meeting to identify key research issues/questions, undertake a gap analysis, support the mapping out of areas for strategic future research and identify strategies to facilitate donor dialogue and policy-maker uptake pathways.
- Supporting the elaboration of project proposals identified through the above gap analysis and implementation of associated projects.
- Publish high-impact, peer-reviewed research in international scientific journals.
- Contribute to a dynamic research team at the Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) and Bioversity International on socio-economic aspects related to ecosystem services and climate change.
Deadline: February 15, 2013
Links to this post: