Friday, February 22, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: CIFOR Post Doctoral Fellow, Equitable Benefit sharing for Sustainable Forestry
This post doctoral fellow position will contribute to research that seeks to understand the factors that condition equitable benefit sharing in forestry settings that are characterised by multiple uses, users and values. Key issues for investigation include: a) sustainable use and conservation of production forestry, especially interactions between forest concession management and adjacent communities’ rights and benefits to forest resources; and b) the role of property rights/tenure regimes in enhancing equitable benefit sharing within and among communities involved in REDD+ schemes. The research aims to strengthen policy makers and relevant actors’ capacities to develop and implement strategies and processes that are inclusive of women and disadvantaged groups and that enhance their rights and access to forest resources, decisions and benefits.
The Post Doctoral Fellow will contribute substantially to research design, data collection management, data analysis and production of research deliverables, as well the dissemination of research findings.
Main tasks comprise the following:
- Research design including developing hypotheses and data collection instruments
- Research management such as field testing data collection protocols, training partners in data collection methodologies, and stakeholder consultations to ensure the application of good practice in data collection and management
- Data analysis and contribution to the production of peer reviewed publications (including policy briefs) with internal and external collaborators
- Dissemination of results, such as organising feedback workshops to local communities, policy makers and relevant actors
- Develop and identify funding opportunities
- Represent CIFOR at relevant meetings and events
Deadline: March 10, 2013