Monday, February 11, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: Forest Stewardship Council Regional Director for Africa
FSC is an independent, not for profit, non-governmental multi-stakeholder organization. FSC was established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests.
The FSC Regional Director for Africa will establish the FSC African Regional Office in South Africa and lead all activities of this Office. He/she supervises directly and/or indirectly all business affairs and all staff of the FSC African Regional Office and reports directly to the FSC Global Network Director.
Key areas of responsibility for the African Regional Office and this position are:
- To establish and supervise a sub-regional coordinator for the Congo Basin, located in the Congo Basin (most likely Cameroon or Gabon), and the sub-regional coordinator for East Africa, located East Africa (most likely Tanzania).
- To strategically develop an effective FSC Network in Africa, in close collaboration with the African Network Partners.
- To strategically develop a regional approach in FSC market development in Africa to provide further supply and demand for FSC products.
- To provide tools to the FSC Network in Africa to perform (through joined fund-raising, collaboration projects amongst several Network Partners in Africa, etc.).
- To establish coordinated collaboration with other FSC Regional Offices to link forest management and forest products to markets.
Deadline: February 28, 2013
Links to this post: