Tuesday, February 19, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: ICIMOD Foundation Executive Secretary
The ICIMOD Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that supports ICIMOD’s activities and efforts. The Foundation’s objective is to make a significant contribution to the stability of the Hindu Kush Himalayan region, through ICIMOD’s work of supporting the development of economically and ecologically sound ecosystems in the mountain regions and improving the living conditions of the rural mountain people.
The ICIMOD Foundation is seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Executive Secretary.
The Executive Secretary of the ICIMOD Foundation has broad responsibilities for the implementation of the Foundation’s strategic goals and the management of its resources. The Executive Secretary must liaise closely with the Director General (DG) of ICIMOD (or the liaison person identified by the DG) and must give direction and leadership to the achievement of the Foundation’s goals and objectives and the development of its strategy. He/she supports the Board by informing it of all matters that should be brought to its attention. The Executive Secretary effectively manages the resources according to the approved policies and procedures of the ICIMOD Foundation in close coordination with ICIMOD.
Responsibilities and tasks
The powers, duties and functions of the Executive Secretary are determined in the ICIMOD Foundation – Revised Rules of Procedures (dated November 2011) and subject to amendments by the Board of the ICIMOD Foundation. They will comprise of looking after the day-to-day activities of the Foundation, including the following tasks:
- Implement the decisions and directives of the Board of the Foundation;
- Prepare the Foundation’s long-term and short-term plans and programmes and annual budget and present them to the Board;
- Implement the approved plans and programmes of the Foundation;
- Monitor and supervise the Foundation’s regular work and perform other necessary functions to achieve the objectives of the Foundation;
- Monitor the projects and programmes carried out through the Foundation and submit a progress report to the Board;
- Prepare and submit annual and periodic reports to the Board relating to the activities carried out by the Foundation;
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of the monies of the Foundation and grants made by the Foundation;
- Ensure the proper administration of the Foundation's assets;
- Take all necessary measures to fulfill the objectives of the Foundation; and
- Supervise the staff of the Foundation (if any)
The Executive Secretary will further contribute to shaping the Foundation Strategy. He/She will also review the current ICIMOD Foundation fundraising activities with the private sector and existing Foundation guidelines in order to prepare strategic inputs for the decisions of the Board of the Foundation.
The Executive Secretary will report to the ICIMOD Foundation Board.
Deadline: March 10, 2013