Wednesday, February 06, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: World Resources Institute Senior Manager, Forest and Landscape Restoration
World Resources Institute (WRI) seeks a seasoned senior manager to lead a team of professionals and partners around the world as they embark upon the implementation of an initiative on Forest and Landscape Restoration.
The initiative aims to catalyse restoration of at least 10 million hectares of degraded and deforested landscapes in at least 5 countries (including Brazil and Indonesia) by 2017 as a new contribution to The Bonn Challenge. The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing the restoration team of WRI staff, contractors, and partners internationally, working with the Director or WRI’s Forests Initiative to achieve transformative impact.
Specifically the responsibilities include:
- Manage the three strategic components of WRI’s forest and landscape restoration initiative―inspire,
support, and mobilize restoration.
- Build collaborative partnerships in temperate, tropical and boreal regions, including intensive work in Brazil and Indonesia.
- Help to represent the initiative around the world.
- Provide input on fundraising and assisting with proposal preparation, and assist with reporting to donors.
- Help ensure the initiative meets user needs and surpasses their expectations.
- Manage the restoration team, including guiding and monitoring the execution of strategy and achievement of outcomes.
- Manage initiative progress, ensure successful completion of key deliverables, and report regularly on progress to initiative partners and the WRI Management Team.
- Review and edit materials to ensure they meet WRI’s high standards for quality.
- Liaise with the WRI Executive Team and WRI Board on related strategic and operational issues.
- Articulate a compelling and coherent vision and strategy for WRI’s restoration initiative that inspires audiences internationally.
- Liaise with experts internationally and nationally, building WRI’s presence in the field.
- Secure and manage initiative partnerships and co-lead fundraising efforts with a range of donors.
- Serve as one of the spokespersons for the initiative.
- Implement a sustainable funding model to allow for strategic growth of the Initiative.
- Source and secure long-term funding for the initiative in collaboration with other WRI staff. This includes building on existing relationships with bilateral and multilateral agencies, foundations, corporations, and individual donors, as well as cultivating and maintaining new relationships.
Links to this post: