Wednesday, March 06, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: Economic Commission for Africa Senior Programme Management Officer
This position is located in the African Climate Policy Centre (ACPC)/ Food Security and Sustainable Development Division (FSSDD) of the Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA). Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Division, the incumbent will report directly to the Coordinator of ACPC.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Takes the lead to develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes/projects, etc.; directs subordinates in programme/project development, implementation, monitoring and assessment; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Ensures implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women of any planned action, including legislation, policies or programmes, in all areas and at all levels.
- Directs research and programme evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies,
- Undertakes survey initiatives; guides design of data collection instruments; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Directs substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Manages outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars, etc., makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and ensures preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Serves as an effective spokesperson and establishes collaboration and partnerships with key officials at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Ensures effective utilization, supervision and development of staff; Guides, evaluates and mentors staff;
- May perform other duties as required.
Deadline: March 16, 2013