Thursday, March 07, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: Water Footprint Network Project Manager
The Water Footprint Network (WFN) is a dynamic, international, continuous learning community with hundreds of partners worldwide committed to promoting sustainable, equitable and efficient water use through the advancement of the Water Footprint. Established in 2008 with partners from academia, NGOs, international organisations and business sectors, WFN is a fast growing organization at the cutting edge of the methodology, data, tools and application of the water footprint concept and Water Footprint Assessment. Currently the Water Footprint Network is seeking a Project Manager (m/f).
The Project Manager will contribute to the delivery of the work programme as part of the WFN Team, in association with WFN partners and with lead responsibility for specific projects and initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project procurement and implementation including:
- Developing project concepts, proposals and plans
- Managing administrative aspects of project delivery
- Delivering technical assistance in Water Footprint Assessment
- Reviewing and writing reports
- Sharing and disseminating learning from projects
- Deliver face-to-face and online Water Footprint training and engagement activities including:
- Coordination of training events, webinars, conferences, seminars, workshops
- Preparation of training and presentation materials
- Delivery of training courses and presentations
- Evaluation and follow up from training and engagement activities
- Contribute to WFN partner activities including:
- Maintaining regular communications through email and phone
- Planning and organizing WFN partner meetings
- Facilitating a practitioner’s community
- Facilitating working groups or other ad hoc partner activities
- Building a research and development network
- Represent WFN through:
- Participation in sounding boards, working groups or other contributing groups
- Review and comment on reports, proposals, and papers of strategic importance to WFN.
- Attending and presenting at meetings, conferences and other for a
- Meetings with policy makers, industry leaders, sector groups, etc.
- Responding to various issues and debates in our social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
Deadline: March 15, 2013
Links to this post: