Thursday, April 11, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: Asia-Based Opportunities with the Forest Stewardship Council
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an independent, not for profit, non-governmental multi-stakeholder organization established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests. FSC is seeking candidates for the following job openings:
A Project Officer, FSC Asia Pacific is responsible to undertake the following activities:
- Support the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Director in the oversight of the work of the FSC Network in Asia Pacific.
- Oversee project plans, timelines, funding obligations and deliverables, as well as program budgets;
- Manage FSC Communication related issues within Asia Pacific related to FSC Network Projects under the supervision of the Regional Director;
- Provide logistical and technical support to FSC Network Partners in Asia Pacific
- Coordinate the process of translation of FSC documents in Network Project Countries;
- Receive incoming correspondence inquiries from the FSC Network and presenting and summarizing contents to the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Director; responding directly or referring to appropriate FSC staff and tracking responses;
- Participate in strategic and operational planning process of the FSC Asia Pacific.
A FSC Indonesia National Representative is responsible to undertake the following activities:
- Serve as FSC’s national representative for the country.
- Develop and implement the FSC Strategy for Indonesia in close collaboration with the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Director, key stakeholders in Indonesia and FSC International.
- Strategically support national standard setting and liaise between FSC International and the Indonesia FSC Standard Development Group.
- Engage with governmental representatives on forest related matters and support FSC’s participation in the development of FLEGT initiatives, trade regulations and public procurement initiatives that are related to forest products, in close collaboration with the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Office, FSC International and the FSC Network.
- Manage FSC communication related issues within Indonesia in close collaboration with the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Office.
- Liaise with non-governmental and international organizations to represent FSC.
- Promote forest management and Chain of Custody (CoC) certification through supporting FSC’s engagement with the private sector in Indonesia.
- Identify funding opportunities for FSC’s work in Indonesia and support the development of funding proposals related to FSC in Indonesia, in coordination with the FSC Asia Pacific.
More information about both positions available here.
Deadline: April 21, 2013
Links to this post: