Thursday, April 18, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: ICRAF Deputy Director General – Partnerships, Regions and Impact
ICRAF seeks a Deputy Director General to provide oversight and strategic direction to staff in Regions, Partnership Office, Protocol, Capacity Development Unit and Impact and Extension Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and leadership
- Line management of ICRAF’s five Regional Programmes: working closely with i) Deputy Director General -Research to assist with links/synergies with the Science Domains and global projects; and ii) Deputy Director General –Corporate Services to provide oversight on regional and country performance, staffing, administration and operations;
- Serve as a member of the Centre’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and participate in strategic planning and decision-making;
- Guide and support the capacity strengthening efforts of the Centre, including oversight of the Capacity Development Unit;
- Represent ICRAF at important global and regional fora;
- Carry out any other tasks related to this portfolio as may be assigned by the Director General.
- Guide the development and management of host country agreements in countries where ICRAF has a presence.
- Guide the Centre's efforts to form and maintain strategic partnerships with relevant organizations for the delivery of Agroforestry Research for Development;
- Link partnering efforts with donor relations and resource mobilization activities at the Centre through the Programs Development Unit;
- Position agroforestry favorably for partners to expand and deepen their agroforestry agendas and capacities;
- Monitor and report internally and to the CGIAR Consortium, as appropriately, on matters relating to partnerships;
- Guide ICRAF on handling of Hosted Institutions and also assist ICRAF scientists hosted by partner organizations.
Deadline: April 30, 2013.