Monday, April 29, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: IRRI Senior Scientist, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system for GRiSP (50%), and for its implementation at IRRI (50%). She/He will be based on clear impact pathways, theories of change, outcomes, and indicators of progress, while considering impact on food security, poverty reduction, rural livelihoods, human health and nutrition, and environmental sustainability. She/He will work closely with M&E specialists at other GRiSP CGIAR centers (AfricaRice, CIAT) and with IRRI program leaders to ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation is carried out at outcome level.
Roles and responsibilities
- In collaboration with colleagues at AfricaRice and CIAT, lead the development of an appropriate Results-Based Management system (RBM) for GRiSP, which includes the development of appropriate M&E tools, processes, and SMART indicators.
- At IRRI, work closely with project leaders and scientists for the implementation of the RBM system, M&E tools, systems, and processes that increase the effectiveness and accountability of their activities.
- Support AfricaRice and CIAT in their implementation of the RBM system, M&E tools, systems, and processes.
- At IRRI, establish an operational Management Information System for linking different stakeholders and easy tracking of GRiSP outcomes.
- Contribute to reporting IRRI’s performance indicators, and synthesize reports from GRiSP’s partners (IRRI, AfricaRice, CIAT)
- Contribute to training on RBM and monitoring & evaluation methodologies.
Deadline: May 15, 2013