Tuesday, April 09, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: IWMI Researcher, Groundwater Management & Policy (Egypt)
The International Water Management Institute has a vacancy for a Cairo-based researcher to focus on groundwater management and policy.
If you possess a PhD or equivalent training related to the analysis of social-physical interaction of water processes, and are capable of conducting original research on water (groundwater, in particular) management and policy in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, then you could be the person that the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for. The position holder will be based at the Cairo office of IWMI located at the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) in Cairo, Egypt, and will report to the Principal Researcher based there.
- manage research activities on groundwater management, institutions and policy in the MENA region, which includes contracting and liaising with partners, conducting fieldwork and data analysis, organizing stakeholder workshops, and writing of reports and articles;
- contribute ideas and assist in bibliographical searches to deve lop a new research agenda related to water and agriculture in the Middle East, for example, on river basin management or assessment of policy processes and governance;
- contribute to other potential research activities in the region , with particular reference to the Nile Delta;
- supervise master’s students involved in specific field research; and
- contribute to IWMI’s overall research program.
Deadline: May 1, 2013
Links to this post: