Thursday, April 11, 2013
ONLINE RESOURCE: Papers and Presentations from the World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
This week the World Bank hosted it’s annual Conference on Land and Poverty, bringing together representatives from governments, the development community, civil society, academia, and the private sector to discuss issues of concern to communities, land practitioners and policymakers worldwide. This year’s theme was “Moving towards transparent land governance: Evidence-based next steps”, and papers and sessions were organized around the following themes:
- Securing land rights and improving land use at the grassroots;
- Adjusting laws and institutions to address urban expansion and governance;
- Innovative approaches towards spatially enabling land administration and management;
- Supporting a continuum of rights in a decentralized environment;
- Mobilizing the private sector to improve land governance; and
- Sharing benefits from exploitation of land- based resources.
Papers and presentations from the conference are available online.
Links to this post: