Tuesday, May 28, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: The Hunger Project Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The Hunger Project (THP) is a global, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. In Africa, Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers millions of women and men to end their own hunger. The Hunger Project has pioneered low-cost, bottom-up, gender-focused strategies in each region where hunger persists. These strategies mobilize clusters of rural villages to create and run their own programs that achieve lasting progress in health, education, nutrition and family income.
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist is a full-time position at The Hunger Project (THP) Global Office under the supervision of the Executive Vice President. The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist is accountable for coordinating and overseeing THP’s program Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities worldwide. THP’s Senior M&E Specialist focuses on achieving high quality impact assessment for participatory, gender-focused, capacity-building activities in rural villages across Africa, South Asia and Latin America.
Working closely with Global Office and worldwide staff, the Senior M&E Specialist will identify program evaluation needs and priorities; establish protocols; analyzes, interpret, and communicate results to key stakeholders including program and partner country staff, current and potential investors, as well as the Global Board of Directors. The Senior M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership to field staff to ensure that THP’s M&E systems are based on THP’s theory of change and fully integrated into all THP programs activities worldwide.
- Act as primary point of contact for Global Office (GO) technical support and guidance to THP’s Program Country M&E Officers in the areas of Participatory Monitoring & Evaluation (PM&E) methods, design of baseline studies, refinement of indicators, and the development of data collection tools (forms, surveys, etc.) for evaluation.
- Assist the field in the identification of evaluation needs and supporting the design and implementation of practical tools in order to promote organization-wide efforts in M&E and Performance Management.
- Manage the online M&E database, and work with key stakeholders to ensure the system is streamlined, accessible and contextually relevant across all THP operations.
- Develop and implement systematic and participatory evaluation tools such as Most Significant Change for qualitative story methodology.
- Develop, in coordination with Programs, Finance and Advancement, a system to ensure that the program planning, including inputs and targets, is aligned with the overall program monitoring frameworks while providing the appropriate tools for fundraising and communications worldwide.
- Synthesize and analyze program data for summary and thematic reports on M&E findings.
- In coordination with field staff, develop and track appropriate indicators and set targets for program interventions.
- Create and maintain a community of practice among THP’s M&E staff by encouraging open dialogue and sharing of best practices.
- Foster and coordinate partnerships for independent, external assessments to attain good quality, third-party evaluation studies.
- Assist the Advancement Department in producing timely and accurate proposals and reports.
- In partnership with field staff, create and maintain M&E procedure manuals and evaluation policies.
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate training materials and presentations for capacity building of M&E staff.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
- Facilitate and monitor budget processes for M&E.