Tuesday, June 25, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: The Hunger Project Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist is a full-time position at The Hunger Project (THP) Global Office under the supervision of the Executive Vice President. The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist is accountable for coordinating and overseeing THP’s program Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities worldwide. THP’s Senior M&E Specialist focuses on achieving high quality impact assessment for participatory, gender-focused, capacity-building activities in rural villages across Africa, South Asia and Latin America.
Working closely with Global Office and worldwide staff, the Senior M&E Specialist will identify program evaluation needs and priorities; establish protocols; analyzes, interpret, and communicate results to key stakeholders including program and partner country staff, current and potential investors, as well as the Global Board of Directors. The Senior M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership to field staff to ensure that THP’s M&E systems are based on THP’s theory of change and fully integrated into all THP programs activities worldwide.
- Act as primary point of contact for Global Office (GO) technical support and guidance to THP’s Program Country M&E Officers in the areas of Participatory Monitoring & Evaluation (PM&E) methods, design of baseline studies, refinement of indicators, and the development of data collection tools (forms, surveys, etc.) for evaluation.
- Assist the field in the identification of evaluation needs and supporting the design and implementation of practical tools in order to promote organization-wide efforts in M&E and Performance Management.
- Manage the online M&E database, and work with key stakeholders to ensure the system is streamlined, accessible and contextually relevant across all THP operations.
- Develop and implement systematic and participatory evaluation tools such as Most Significant Change for qualitative story methodology.
- Develop, in coordination with Programs, Finance and Advancement, a system to ensure that the program planning, including inputs and targets, is aligned with the overall program monitoring frameworks while providing the appropriate tools for fundraising and communications worldwide.
- Synthesize and analyze program data for summary and thematic reports on M&E findings.
- In coordination with field staff, develop and track appropriate indicators and set targets for program interventions.
- Create and maintain a community of practice among THP’s M&E staff by encouraging open dialogue and sharing of best practices.
- Foster and coordinate partnerships for independent, external assessments to attain good quality, third-party evaluation studies.
- Assist the Advancement Department in producing timely and accurate proposals and reports.
- In partnership with field staff, create and maintain M&E procedure manuals and evaluation policies.
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate training materials and presentations for capacity building of M&E staff.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
- Facilitate and monitor budget processes for M&E.
Links to this post: