Tuesday, July 02, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: CIAT Postdoctoral Fellow, Soils and Agroecosystem Science
The Soils Research Area of International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to carry out research on soil and agroecosystem management to provide sustainable options that improve benefits for smallholder farming communities in Latin America and the Caribbean, while minimizing and mitigating negative impacts on agricultural ecosystems and the environment.
- Carry out research to assess, analyze and provide evidence for recommendations of suitable production system options that enhance soil fertility and sustain or increase production in smallholder agroecosystems.
- Combine insights in soil science, agronomy and agroecology to integrate components and management options into climate-smart production systems for enhancing multiple agroecosystem services at different scales.
- Collaborate with the team of CIAT-Soils, with all relevant local stakeholders, and other CIAT/CGIAR teams conducting activities in the target region.
- Search and incorporate inputs from the broader agricultural research and academic communities.
- Manage (timely, reliable, and valid) data compilation, analysis and synthesis, prepare scientific papers for refereed journals and books, and prepare work plans and reports for CGIAR Research Programs and donor funded projects.
- Support communication and publication efforts for scaling of activities and results and engage farmers, institutions, policy-makers and the general public to generate impact.
- Mentor and supervise support staff and students to publish findings and ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Contribute to developing research proposals that align with the Soils Research Area and enhance integration with other research areas of CIAT.
Deadline: July 26, 2013
Links to this post: