Wednesday, July 17, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: IFPRI Senior Research Fellow—Policies, Institutions and Markets
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Research Fellow for a two-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment for its CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM). This position will report to the PIM Director. The Senior Research Fellow will work with the Director in management of the PIM portfolio with special focus on review of quality of research products and monitoring impact. The Senior Research Fellow will also contribute directly to research efforts with particular emphasis on assessing impact and returns to research. The Senior Research Fellow will work with the Director in representing the PIM program to donors, clients, and partners and building constructive relationships with them.
The CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets works to facilitate identification and adoption of institutional and policy reforms that will contribute to improved agricultural performance, reduced rural poverty, and better management of natural resources. Led by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), PIM brings together CGIAR centers and multiple partners from the agricultural and development communities from around the world.
- In coordination with the Director, monitor completion of research work already in the portfolio and review quality.
- Oversee efforts to track applications of the research undertaken through PIM and to record and evaluate impacts achieved. Contribute to development of metrics to monitor progress of PIM and a system of measuring relevant indicators.
- Contribute to development of strategic directions for growth of the program.
- Contribute to development of key partnerships and relations with donors.
- Represent PIM in external fora as needed.
- Publishing research in peer-review publications as well as communicating research to the broader agricultural, economics, and development communities.
- Contributing to preparation of internal and external program reviews.
Deadline: August 11, 2013