Monday, August 26, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: International Land Coalition Administration and Planning Officer
The International Land Coalition (ILC) is a global alliance of civil society and intergovernmental organisations working together to promote secure and equitable access to and control over land for poor women and men through advocacy, dialogue, knowledge sharing and capacity building. The Secretariat of ILC, hosted by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in Rome, carries the responsibility to provide support to the Coalition in the implementation of the Strategic Framework 2011-2015.
The Administration and Planning Officer is responsible to manage the ILC administrative functions. This includes, but is not limited to, responsibilities in the development and administration of the ILC budget to ensure that the ILC secretariat can effectively provide and access the services needed to support the implementation of its relevant Strategic Framework within the available resources and in compliance with the work programme.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, ILC Secretariat, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
As Administration Officer:
- Manage the administrative systems and procedures needed to support the effective and efficient implementation of the annual / multi-year programme of work.
- Administer/supervise the financial transactions and reporting for grants including grants to LC from donors and grants from ILC to third parties including members, partners and others
- Identify, coordinate and manage administrative services in support of ILC¿s governing bodies, including the Biennial Assembly of Members, and for external / international events convened under ILC’s responsibility, as well as providing direct support to the Director in governance-related functions.
- Administer all Human Resource processes and contracts including ILC staffing and consultants.
As Planning Officer:
- Prepare, under the guidance of Director and in close collaboration with the Programme Officers of the Secretariat, the Work Plan and Budget of the year making sure it responds to the objectives of the current Strategic Framework.
Deadline: September 16, 2013
Links to this post: