Monday, August 26, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Post-Doctoral Fellow, BIODEV Program
The World Agroforestry Centre’s Building Biocarbon and Rural Development in West Africa (BIODEV) Programme aims to
demonstrate the multiple developmental and environmental wins that result from a high value biocarbon approach to climate change and variability in large landscapes principally in Mali, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
The The Programme will also build local institutions and capacity to be able to sustain the benefits in the sites and will establish linkages with related initiatives to jointly build national and regional capacity to scale up the approaches into other programmes and projects. The themes of the Programme are very closely linked to Finland’s international development priorities and are closely aligned with the priorities expressed in its national poverty reduction and climate change adaptation strategies. Furthermore, the Programme aims to generate critical information that can fill
the global knowledge gaps on how to better link climate change mitigation and adaptation thrusts and how to make these actions work effectively to enhance the livelihoods of rural communities.
The candidate will work on site level activities to support monitoring plans for integrated sustainable development of biocarbon and sustainable energy at small-scale.
- Implement the work agenda of at project site
- Collect information on drivers, trends, opportunities and constraints of climate change at project sites in Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone.
- Identify carbon mitigation strategies opportunities including those related to more sustainable energy strategies
- Synthesis of likely climate change scenarios and their potential impacts on ecosystems on livelihoods.
- Carry studies on degree of synergies between biocarbon, livelihood and environmental services.
Deadline: September 15, 2013
Links to this post: