Tuesday, October 08, 2013
EMPLOYMENT: Action Area Coordinator, CGIAR Humid Tropic Program (Vietnam-based)
The World Agroforestry Center (ICRAF) is looking for a suitably qualified and enthusiastic person to fill the challenging position of Action Area Coordinator of the Central Mekong Action Area of the Humidtropics, in which ICRAF is the lead institution. Humidtropics is the CGIAR Research Program on Integrated Systems for the Humid Tropics. (More here on Humidtropics.)
This new global research for development (R4D) program targets systems that affect up to 1.5 billion rural people, most of whom operate within smallholder farming systems in which livestock and crop production are intimately linked. The program focuses on increasing the available options and strengthening the capacity of poor and vulnerable people to improve their livelihoods and living environment. The strategy is based on promising innovations and technologies for agricultural systems in the humid tropics that will result in vibrant communities, economic success, educated people, and environments that encourage health and well-being.
The Action Area Coordinator will be responsible for implementing the Humidtropics research for development agenda in above Action Area, comprising of three Actions Sites including parts of Cambodia, China, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam. The Action Area Coordinator will be part of the Humidtropics Management Committee and will report to the ICRAF East Asia Node Leader and Vietnam Country Coordinator.
The primary responsibilities of the Action Area Coordinator will include:
- Facilitate the implementation of the research for development agenda of the Humidtropics in the Central Mekong Action Area in cooperation with partner organisations.
- Initiate and lead fund raising to complement the budget from the CGIAR together with partner institutions.
- Engage in monitoring and evaluating progress against project milestones and impact indicators in above Action Area.
- Lead the development of sub-agreements and budgets to partners for above Action Area and ensure proper technical and financial feedback from partners.
- Implement the Humidtropics-wide communication and knowledge management strategies within above Action Area.
- Represent Humidtropics as needed.
There will also be an opportunity to develop and carry our own research aligned with the Humidtropics Program.
Deadline: November 5, 2013