Monday, February 10, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS: 11th Annual Meeting of the International Water Resource Economics Consortium (IWREC)
The 11th Annual Meeting of the International Water Resource Economics Consortium (IWREC) will be hosted by the World Bank in Washington, DC on September 7-9, 2014. The overall theme of the meeting will be “Efficiency and Water Conservation: Methodologies and Case Studies.”
Submissions of papers are now being accepted on the following topics:
- Water and economic growth
- Residential water efficiency and conservation
- Integration of water for energy and energy for water
- Agricultural water productivity versus efficiency and conservation
- Water reuse and recycling
- Climate change and efficiency of water supply and use
Within these topics, papers with a focus on water pricing, the environment, health, and/or poverty linkages are encouraged. The papers should be policy-oriented and analytically rigorous.
The Annual Meeting will begin with a reception in the evening of September 7, 2014, and span over two full days with 6-7 sessions and 1-2 panel discussions on September 8-9, 2014. One of the sessions will be dedicated to papers reflecting the work of Dr. Robert A. Young, professor emeritus of Colorado State University, who passed away recently.
Deadline: February 28, 2014
Links to this post: