Friday, February 21, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: International Water Association Program Officer
The International Water Association is recruiting a full-time programme officer to be part of its programmes team supporting the development, implementation and dissemination of various projects. The programmes officer will support the thematic programme: Water, Climate and Energy, with a particular emphasis on a new project working towards achieving carbon neutral water and wastewater utilities, as well as the wider urban water cycle. Furthermore, the incumbent will also provide support to projects and activities related to the utility member segment of IWA.
The successful incumbent will have a master’s degree or equivalent in water management, environmental engineering, or other relevant field. S/he will have excellent communication (written and oral), research and analytical skills, with experience working in an international organisation and Latin America countries. S/he will have a good background in project design, implementation and evaluation and also experience in mobilising financial resources with donors. S/he will have knowledge of energy efficiency and production in water and wastewater utilities as well as addressing greenhouse emissions in the urban water sector. S/he will have the ability to coordinate and organise groups of experts in supporting energy and carbon reduction in water and wastewater utilities. The successful incumbent will speak fluently in English and Spanish.
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
- Master’s degree or equivalent in in water management, environmental engineering, or other relevant field;
- 5+ years professional experience in the water and sanitation sector in related public entities, non-for profit organisations or private companies, with some international experience (i.e. working on projects or partners from multiple countries);
- Experience in coordinating inputs from a wide-ranging group of experts, distilling and synthesising inputs into documents;
- Sound knowledge of addressing energy efficiency and production in water and wastewater utilities, and greenhouse emissions in the urban water sector;
- Strong communicator – in English and Spanish – with excellent networking and facilitation skills;
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize and work accurately under time constraints;
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, entrepreneurial, early career professional to be part of a global organisation working to support a growing network of water professionals.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and two references to: email@example.com
Deadline: March 5th, 2014
Links to this post: