Thursday, March 13, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: Program Manager for Governance, Environment & Markets Initiative at Yale
The Governance, Environment & Markets (GEM) Initiative seeks a Program Manager for our growing research center at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
The GEM Initiative aims to reorient environmental governance research and practice from short term and single intervention approaches towards durable “results based” problem solving that embraces, rather than bypasses, multi-level complexity. GEM is based at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, one of the world’s leading hubs of research and teaching in environmental policy and governance. Under the leadership of Prof. Benjamin Cashore, a team of scholars and graduate students carry out GEM’s research and programmatic activities in collaboration with a global network of practitioners and scholars based in developed and developing countries. GEM conducts research with partners in Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Indonesia, and Tanzania, and other countries around the world. Managing the GEM Initiative is a unique opportunity to engage in environmental policy research that bridges the divide between scholarship and practice on the ground. Please visit http://environment.yale.edu/gem/ for more information.
The Program Manager directs the Governance, Environment & Markets (GEM) Initiative through management of all GEM activities, including grants, research projects, partnerships, fundraising, major events and conferences, and communications.
Position is for 4 months with option to extend. Start date May 1.
- Coordinate all activities, projects, meetings, and communications within and across GEM programs;
- Manage GEM budget in collaboration with the F&ES business office;
- Coordinate GEM grants, including preparing deliverables and meeting reporting requirements;
- Manage and build relationships with GEM partner organizations and support growth of GEM network;
- Design, write, and disseminate quarterly newsletter through online platform and prepare other strategic communications;
- Organize and conduct outreach for GEM seminar and website series;
- Lead organization of workshops and conferences hosted by GEM;
- Promoting GEM activities within the Yale F&ES community and related projects and programs at Yale University;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the GEM website;
- Assist with preparing remarks and presentations as needed for faculty director;
- Hire and manage master student assistants and support doctoral student activities;
- Lead development efforts and outreach to GEM advisory board and faculty associates;
- Other management duties as determined by faculty director.
- Masters degree in environmental policy, political science, international affairs, or related field and two years of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination;
- Self starter with demonstrated success working independently, managing projects and budgets, and providing administrative support in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly Spanish or Portuguese, a plus;
- Proven success with fundraising efforts a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Sara Dewey at sara.dewey [at] yale.edu.
Links to this post: