Wednesday, April 02, 2014
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: International Climate Change & Population Conference, University of Ghana
The Regional Institute for Population Studies [RIPS], University of Ghana, Legon-Accra invites you to submit an abstract for oral and poster presentations, for the 2014 International Climate Change and Population Conference on Africa (CCPOP-Ghana2014). The conference will take place from July 22nd to 25th at the University of Ghana, Legon.
Theme: “Climate Change, Migration and Security in Africa”
Studies have shown that a range of demographic, social, political economic and environmental factors contribute to migration. However emerging findings suggest strong linkages between climate change and increased internal and cross-border human movement. What linkages exist between climate change and migratory patterns within the African context? Thus, the conference is geared towards providing a common platform to pay strong attention to the climate change, migration and security nexus.
- Climate change, Migration and conflict
- Population migration and adaptation to climate change
- Gender and climate change induced migration
- Climate Change, water and sanitation, and health
- Migration, land markets and emissions reduction including REDD+
- Urbanization and flood risk implications for coping in coastal zones
- Agriculture, fisheries and food security in the context of climate change
- Development policies, climate change and migration nexus
Deadline: April 30, 2014
Links to this post: