Wednesday, April 02, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: CIFOR Postdoctoral Fellow–Gender
The Gender Post Doctoral Fellow will be part of a core cross-center team will be responsible for the oversight of the integration of gender into research under the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (CRP-FTA). Under the supervision of the CRP-FTA gender cross-cutting theme coordinator, the Gender Post Doctoral Fellow will be responsible for ensuring that gender is adequately integrated into CRP-FTA research and that mechanisms and structures needed to improve the quality and volume of gender-responsive research in the CRP-FTA are developed and implemented.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that activities identified for integrating gender analysis into existing research and strategic gender research are implemented in a timely and effective manner. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, but may involve travel to locations where CIFOR (and partners) conduct research.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the gender strategy of the CRP-FTA.
- Assist with the scientific and methodological coordination of gender-responsive research.
- Develop, organize and facilitate training on gender analysis for scientists and key partners.
- Co-lead the development of gender-responsive research proposals and fundraising.
- Develop and maintain a network of strategic research and policy partners to address the problem of gender equity in forestry.
Deadline: April 18, 2014