Thursday, April 10, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: ICRAF Post-Doctoral Fellow - Ecological-Economist / Decision Analyst
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or
ICRAF) seeks a post-doctoral fellow to contribute to their work on decision analysis.
Working within the decision analysis team of ICRAF’s Science Domain on Land Health and supporting Information Systems Research across the CGIAR Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE), the incumbent will contribute to the development and application of probabilistic decision analysis methods for improving intervention designs, better targeting research to where information values are high, and identifying priority metrics for impact assessment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile literature data on ecological-economic costs and benefits of agricultural interventions, including agroforestry
- Work with multi-disciplinary stakeholder-scientist teams across centres and regions on construction of probabilistic decision analysis frameworks and models
- Assist with subjective probability elicitation from subject-matter experts
- Communicate decision modelling processes and insights to stakeholders, including on intervention costs and benefits, trade-offs, reducing intervention risks, high-value research, and priority impact metrics
- Contribute to ICRAF’s communication products and resource mobilization efforts
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Supervising MSc and PhD students
- Training of stakeholders and scientists in decision analysis
Deadline: April 30, 2014
Links to this post: