Monday, April 21, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: Research Associate in Agricultural, Environmental and Food Policy with a focus on Governance and Natural Resources
The Professorship of Agricultural, Environmental and Food Policy with a focus on Governance and Natural Resources is a newly founded department in the Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences of the Faculty of Natural Sciences III within the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg.
We offer a vacancy for a Research Associate (100%). The desired starting date of the candidate is after June 1, 2014. This full-time position is initially for 3 years. A prolongation is foreseen. The salary is based on German federal public service scale according to qualification and tasks up to E13 TV-L.
- Participation and research in the current research program at the department related to the land-water-energy nexus, sustainable resource use, as well as environmental governance and commons research.
- Application, administration and organization of third party research proposals and projects.
- Establishing a new research focus in the frame of the themes covered by the department and related acquisition of funds.
- Teaching in BSc and MSc classes in related subjects of agricultural, environmental and food policy. Supervision of students.
- Organizational and administrative tasks of the research group.
- The preferred candidate has a Master of Science in Agricultural, Political or Environmental Sciences, Resource Economics or related field.
- PhD with relevance to social-ecological, social-technical or political systems.
- Background in qualitative and quantitative empirical methods to be applied to institutional analysis, political analysis and/or resource economics.
- Experience in acquisition of third party funds and the organizational processing of projects is an asset.
- Experience in international collaborations.
- Interest to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Teaching experience is desired.
- The candidate should be highly motivated and a team player.
- Fluent levels of English and German languages are required.
Possibilities for further qualification are offered.
The salary will be in accordance with regulations of § 12 ff. German federal public service scale (TV-L) and § 17 TVÜ-L. We specifically encourage qualified female researchers to apply. Preference will be given to disabled persons with equal qualifications.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Insa Theesfeld, Tel.: 0151 53635407.
Applicants are requested to submit a full CV including a list of teaching experience and acquisition of third-party funds, list of publications, research concept (possible research themes, research questions and methodological approach) or concrete project ideas that the candidate wants to cover in the next three years (max 3 pages), copies of relevant certificates.
Applications can be sent in German or English, before 30.04.2014 mentioning the reference number 5-2835/14-H to: Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Faculty of Natural Sciences III, Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Chair of Agricultural, Environmental and Food Policy, Frau Prof. Dr. Insa Theesfeld, 06099 Halle (Saale). We appreciate if you send your application-package in a single PDF file by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy is under the conditions of possible budgetary restrictions. Travel expenses and daily allowance in relation to the job interview will not be covered.
Deadline: April 30, 2014