Tuesday, May 06, 2014
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: International Photo Competition on Forests, Agriculture, and Gender
The competition is called Forests-Agriculture Interface through a Gender Lens. The best photos will be included in a book to be launched at the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) World Congress 2014.
The CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry integrating Gender (CRP-FTA Gender) at the International Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) is taking a different look at science by publishing a photo book. We would like to reach out to the global audience through interesting photos that tell us a real story by visualizing social and gender dimensions.
- Through this International Photo Competition 2014 on the ‘Forest-Agriculture Interface through a Gender Lens’ we aim to publish a photo book (Editor Purabi Bose).
- The photo book will reproduce the selected photos with the titles and background stories about the successes and failures of integrating gender equity in forests, agroforestry and the small farms anywhere in the world.
Photos can be submitted within the three key thematic areas with gender as a cross-cutting issue:
- Forests including drylands and marginal people;
- Agroforestry in vulnerable landscapes; and
- Non-timber forest products, smallholder agriculture produces influencing the local markets.
More information (pdf).
Deadline: June 15, 2014