Thursday, June 12, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: ILRI Program Leader – Livelihood, Gender and Impact
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Program Leader to lead the Livelihood, Gender and Impact Program within the Integrated Sciences Division. The program leader will have an economic or social sciences background. S/he will lead a diverse team of scientists conducting research on livestock value chains development, with a focus on smallholders’ competitiveness, gender research (both strategic and mainstreaming gender in other ILRI programs), and support to monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment to ILRI and its partners.
ILRI works with partners worldwide to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty, principally in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. The products of these research partnerships help poor people keep their farm animals alive and productive, increase and sustain their livestock and farm productivity, find profitable markets for their animal products, and reduce their risk of livestock-related diseases. ILRI has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, a principal campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and offices in other countries of East Africa (Tanzania, Uganda), West Africa (Burkina Faso, Mali, Nigeria), southern Africa (Mozambique), South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Vietnam and Philippines) and East Asia (China).
- Leading ILRI’s research on livelihood, gender and impact across the thematic areas of value chains and the environment to improve the impacts of ILRI’s work on livelihoods. Specifically:
- Working with the Team leaders, coordinate the identification of LGI research outputs required to progress towards achievements of ILRI and relevant CRP objectives; monitor their progress and quality;
- Working with the Team leaders, responsible for the delivery of these key research outputs;
- Coordinate budget preparation and its execution;
- Lead or contribute to mobilise resources, including bilateral funding;
- Supervise scientists and staff working in the program and coordinate the program research efforts with other ILRI programs;
- Initiate and manage partnerships with other research institutions (at various levels), donors, development agents including Ministries needed to achieve the Program objectives.
Deadline: June 15, 2014