Friday, August 08, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: Gender Program Coordinator
ICARDA are seeking an individual with extensive experience in gender mainstreaming in complex agricultural programs. The successful candidate will have proven expertise in gender context, ideally in a research or development setting. He/she will lead research on the social aspects of agricultural system research for development including gender aspects. He/she will lead, facilitate and support capacity building in social science research including mainstreaming gender in all program activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Program, the Gender Program Coordinator will perform the following duties:
- Provide leadership to the design and implementation of social science research including the gender strategy and particularly lead and coordinate DS gender component.
- Participate in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating research activities that include and promote social inclusion as well as gender equality and local community empowerment.
- Provide leadership and facilitate effective capacity building in social science research, consideration of gender equity and social inclusion in the activities of DS.
- Build effective collaboration with partners in order to maximize potential synergies,
- Internalize effectively lessons learnt from past programs/experiences, and disseminate evidence for influencing policy and practice.
- Facilitate cross-regional exchange of knowledge and documentation of tested and new approaches with potential for up-scaling in the area of social science research and gender integration in agricultural research.
- Publish research outputs in ISI peer-reviewed journals and other forms of publications.
- Lead and participate in fund-raising activities to support social science research and strength
See website for more details and to apply.