Friday, August 08, 2014
EMPLOYMENT: Senior Social Scientist
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Senior Social Scientist to lead gender and livestock research and a team of scientists within the Livelihoods, Gender, Impact and Innovations Program under the Integrated Sciences unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
Lead ILRI’s research on gender and livestock across the thematic areas of value chains, markets, and the environment to improve the impacts of ILRI’s work on livelihoods. Specifically;
- Provide leadership to the gender theme of the CGIAR research program on livestock and fish
- Contribute to ILRI inputs on gender research in the CGIAR research programs
- Develop and lead an evolving research agenda on gender and livestock in Africa and Asia
- Supervise scientists and staff working in gender research, and provide guidance to integrating gender in ILRI programs and projects
- Coordinate staff capacity development in gender and gender analysis
- Build collaborations with relevant institutions and organizations internationally and nationally to conduct research on gender and disseminate evidence for influencing policy and practice
- Support research and development projects led by ILRI and other partners including NGOs to integrate best practice in gender and to generate evidence for scaling out
- Develop proposals to raise resources to support gender research
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and a supporting letter in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to email@example.com on or before 28th of August 2014.